31 Dec New Years 2020 Checklist
Happy New Year my Friends!!!
If you are like me you love this time of the year for a new start. This is a great time to close the door to some old routines and open the doors to some new great routines and habits. I want to give you a great checklist to get your NEW DECADE off to a great NEW START. Keep in mind, something is better than nothing, so start where you can.
- Clean up your MINDSET. Mindset can make or break us. My challenge to you is set your mind to one of being positive, loving, and optimistic. A few things that will help are reading good personal development books, being around positive people and listening to great uplifting podcasts.
- Clean up your DIET. Look at food as fuel. Are you putting top quality fuel into your body or are you running on low grade, deflating fuels? Make sure most of your diet is filled with REAL LIVE nutrients. Eat a variety of colors and eat loads of veggies and some fruit each day. Make sure you eat your fruit early in the day is you are trying to lose weight to keep your blood sugar balanced throughout the day.
- Try Intermittent Fasting. This is a buzz word lately, but it works. Our bodies are not designed to be on full feed all the time. Give your body a break from eating. I personally like the 14: 10 method. I start eating around 11 and done by 7pm. This helps use up stored glucose for 14 hours while not eating.
- Love your LYMPH system. This is a great habit to get into. Move your lymphatic system. You can do this by moving, doing jumping jacks and even skin rubbing towards the heart. The lymphatic system is the little channels that run through your body to help eliminate toxins. If you ever get swollen or feel sluggish look into lymphatic stimulation and it does wonders on your elimination system.
- Meditation. One of my all time favorites. Like Mindset, Meditation helps recalibrate the inner calm button in your body. If you are contstantly on “go mode” and dont know how to find your inner zen, you will eventually burn out. I did years ago, which is what got me into finding smarter ways to cultivate inner peace for the long haul. There are many apps on your phone you can look into. Just think of meditation as a quiet “time out with breathing”. Your breath can bring your life back. Breathe in. Breathe out. Repeat that phrase as you sit quietly for 10-20 minutes. The more you do this, the easier it will become.
- Support your Digestive System. Your body’s sewer system is designed to keep you healthy. Just like in your house if your sewer system does not work, your house will soon smell, and not be a pleasant place to live. You need your stomach and bowels to be working efficiently daily as this is how you absorb nutrients and eliminate the toxins. I am a huge advocate for good probiotics and lots of veggie and fruits for the enzyme factors.
- Sleep is the Key to health. If you are not sleeping well, you need to get to the bottom of the issue. There are so many factors that can be playing into your lack of sleep. To start with make sure you are not going to bed with your phone. Shut it off an hour or so before you hit the pillow. Do not eat within 2-3 hours of bed or you will toss and turn as your body is trying to digest. And keep the room cool and dark. This is how we were designed to sleep in cool dark places. Sleep is when your body heals and repairs. If you are not getting good sleep you will not lose weight effeciently and not recover from any illness as quickly.
- Laugh. I am always trying to find ways to laugh and keep life light-hearted. My favorite movie is “Step Brothers” with Will Farrell. It makes me laugh. Laughing helps us release neurotransmitters and feel good hormones. The more we laugh, literally the HEALTHIER YOU ARE!! If you are taking life too serious, its time to take a inner look as to what needs to change.
These are a few of my favorite things you can do as you head into the new year. This is a time to really take a hard look as to what has been working and what has not. You may have some hard decsions to make. Moving foward in life sometimes means setting boundaries to keep negative people out of your life. Its also time to quit beating yourself up. You are just like everyone else in the world trying to make it and find happiness. Nobody has the easy life on every level, so just enjoy the journey as you keep traversing along. I am here by your side and also a fellow traveler.
I created a new FB Group for Hormone support and will be launching a new Program soon. Please join in on more information and great insight as to how your body and hormones work. https://www.facebook.com/groups/hormonehope
Next time you feel the urge to reach for the chips, or complain about something….. ask yourself….. “is this really worth it?” Its time to LEVEL UP and be GENUINELY HAPPY. Lets make 2020 our best new year. Lets have this be the shifting time in our lives where we all finally said “enough is enough”. We CAN DO THIS.
Happy New YEARS and may God Abundantly Bless you.