03 Jun 5 GO-TO Self Care ideas
Here are my 5 go to self care ideas:
Gone are the days where we can lounge around and eat bon bons. Most of us are working, taking care of a home, running kids around, and trying to keep everyone else happy. We women are the worst at slowing down and taking care of ourselves. We will deplete ourselves to keep the happiness in our homes. The truth is that will ruin your health and make you feel overwhelmed. It’s good to take a “Me Timeout”. It’s good to do something for YOU. It’s so beneficial to take the time and money and pour into your own happiness and health. You will be around for the long haul and be happier if you do these steps. These are my personal 5 Go-To self care things I do as often as possible.
- Go to bed earlier. I make it a priority to get in my room by 9:30 and asleep by 10:00. This allows me to be happier and healthier. If I don’t get my 8 hours of sleep I can tell I don’t feel quite as happy or alive the next day. I drag if I only get 5-6 hours of sleep. So try to do everything you can to get into bed earlier.
- Get moving more. The more you move, the happier you will be. You may not like the idea of moving, but once you do it, you will feel a huge shift in your energy levels. I get out for hikes almost every day. It helps my mind, gets my body active and I connect with God on a deeper level when I am hiking in nature.
- Take good supplements. You are worth the investment of some good supplements to replace and nourish what you may be missing. I take supplements every single day and truly believe it’s one of the reasons I can run an active busy life and still feel great. Some great ones are Vitamin D, Omegas, Minerals, and Adrenal support.
- Meditation is a life saver. You may think it’s a waste of time to sit quietly for 20 minutes. You could be doing laundry or paying bills. The truth of the matter is when you meditate you reduce your cortisol levels (stress chemicals), maintain more peace and patience, and are more intentionally focused. WHen we slow down on the inside we are actually more productive on the outside.
- Find your friends. A self care tip is to actually find your girlfriends and laugh. Go find a friend either in person or on the phone and connect. Laugh. Let go of your troubles in a gentle way. We are social creatures and need each other to make life better. WHen we are around our support tribe we feel supported and encouraged to keep going. So make and take some time in your life to meet up with your girlfriends or reach out on the phone and reconnect. It will bring joy to your soul. I love when I talk to my mom or girlfriends. I try to do it several times a week and it makes a huge difference.
Start simple. Start with these recommendations and be mindful of your thoughts. The more you meditate, take good supplements, find your friends, get to bed earlier you will become happier and more balanced. The key to a good life is good health and a positive outlook. I am thrilled you are taking time to incorporate more self care into your precious life. It is never too late.
Supplement/ Resource links:
Looking for even more? My Life’s work has been compiled all into one place VIRTUALLY. My Mind-Body-Cleanse Program will transform every aspect of your life in as little as 30 days! Check it out- https://drangiecross.com/program/